Do you need a pick me up.
Perfect Almond Berry snack for those days you need an extra boost.
- 1/3 cup (37g) almond meal
- 1/3 cup (114g) honey
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) almond macadamia nut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 2/3 cups (235g) almonds (very roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup (70g) dried blueberries & cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 149°C. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Using a spatula , mix all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. You really want it packed in tight- as tight as possible. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This firms up the bars which helps them stay compact. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.