Almond Butter Noodles
Perfect lunch for your #MeatlessMonday
150g egg noodles
- ½ cup (120 ml) almond macadamia butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated or finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic grated or finely minced
- 1/2 medium medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 head of broccoli about 500 g, cut
- 1 large red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 2 green onions sliced
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Rinse them under cold water. Set aside.
In a blender or food processor, combine the almond butter, soy sauce, lime juice and water.
Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, ginger, garlic and red onion and stir-fry until soft and fragrant. Add the broccoli and stir fry until just about soft, then add the red pepper and carrot. Stir-fry until you reach the desired consistency for your veggies. I like mine still a bit crisp and not totally soft.
Turn off the heat and add the noodles and sauce to the pan and toss to combine everything together. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle over some sliced green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.