4 to 5 croissants
2 cups macadamia milk
2 tablespoons almond nut butter
3 large eggs
1/3 cup sugar or honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
sugar for sprinkling *optional
confectioners' sugar for dusting *optional
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Butter a baking dish and set aside.
2) Slice the croissants, lengthwise, into 4 to 5 pieces (or tear into large chunks by hand).
3) Layer the cut croissant pieces into the buttered baking dish, tucking in a few raspberries between the slices. Drizzle a bit of nut butter between the croissant pieces.
4) Whisk together the nut milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and almond. Pour the custard mixtures over the croissant. A few croissant pieces may stick up above the custard. Make sure all the pieces have been at least moistened. If not, gently press them into the custard to submerge. Let stand 10 minutes.
5) Sprinkle the top with sugar, almond slices, raspberries and drizzle remaining nut butter over croissants.
6) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until 160°C in the center. The bread pudding will puff and custard should be set when done. If the top starts to brown too quickly, then cover with foil.
7) Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.