Almond Butter Wagon Wheels with Chia Jam
Almond butter wagon wheels desert for this festive season.
- ¾ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup honey (80ml)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp tap water
- Jam Filling
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- Coconut layer
- coconut cream from 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 slab dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- For the cookies, combine the rice flour with baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut sugar, honey, almond butter, vanilla and sea salt.
- Add the bowl with the liquid ingredients to the other bowl with the dry ingredients. Add water and stir until well combined.
- Put the dough in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 345F (175°)
- Once the dough is slightly firm, form little balls with your hand and place them on a lined baking sheet. Make your fingers wet with water and press them down until you have a little disc shape.
- The cookies can be close to each other as they will not raise significantly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes and then let cool down.
- For the chia jam, in a small pan, heat all ingredients on medium heat for 5 minutes and the let sit for another 5 minutes.
- For the coconut cream, whip the upper part of the coconut milk with the honey.
- Layer the cookies and make a cookie dough sandwich with 2 cookies, a coconut and a raspberry jam layer.
- Freeze the cookie sandwiches for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl on low heat, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil and the coat the Cookie sandwiches.